Hindustan Opticals located amongst the picturesque surroundings at the foot hills of the Shivalik Hills in the heart of Dehra Dun city, has grown in leaps and bounds fulfilling the long cherished aspirations of the Indian psyche to achieve excellence in Precision Optics and Optical Instruments for Defence, and civil purposes, comparable to the best in the world.
Started in a small way of production of Precision Optics for Prototypes to assist IRDE (Instruments Research and Design Establishment), Dehra Dun, a branch of DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation), Ministry of Defence, in 1963, there has been considerable diversification in the production activities as much as such the factory now meets the demands of the defence services for entire range of Optics and Opto Mechanical components thereby doing away with the dependence on imports.
Our Principal Activities include:
Design/ Development and Prototyping
Lenses (High Precision)
Prisms (High Precision)
Mirrors (Front and Back Surface)
Design/ Development of Mechanical Fixtures
Jig Fixtures and allied tools
Opto Mechanical Assemblies
Electro Mechanical Assemblies
Electro Optical Assemblies
We have the latest State of the Art Plant and Machinery to accomplish the above stated tasks with a commitment to provide best quality, cost effective and on time delivery to all our customers.
Hindustan Opticals started production trials in June 1963
First finished lens successfully produced for DRDO in August 1963
Registered under Small Scale Indusrties in August 1963
Registered under Director General Quality Assurance (DGQA) as supplier for Optical Devices to Defence Organisations 1967
First sample for defence optics successfully produced in 1968
First Opto-Mechanical Assembly for defence produced in 1970
To enhance production automatic machines purchased from Germany in 1973
Started Producing Optics for Microscopes and Opthalmic Instruments in 1974
Successful productions for Large Prisms for Tanks came out in 1976
Purchased full range of Test Equipments for testing defence optics and equipments in 1978
Started designing and production on test equipments for optical instruments and developed the first Collimator in 1981
First export order from USA was received in 1982 and was successfully completed the same year.
Established In-House Coating Facilities for Visible range in 1985
Got the distribution for Optical Glass and Glass components for Pilkington Special Glass Ltd. UK, in 1988
Started production for Laser Optics in 1990
Started complete assembly workshop for Optical and Mechanical components in 1995
Clean room facilities of 1000 class was established for high quality instruments in 1997
Qualified and Obtained ISO Certification in 2003
Further expanding the production facilities, established another manufacturing unit with built up area of over 10,000 sq. ft. in name of Hindustan Optical Technologies in the Industrial are in 2008
Purchased state of the art manufacturing machines and test equipments and infrastructure to meat the increasing demand of the worldwide market in 2008 under the name Hindustan Optical Technologies
The presence of the Parent company Hindustan Opticals still remains the same and is now a part of Hindustan Optical Technologies.
- Country/Region: India
- Address: 22, Lytton Road (Subhash Road)
- Website: http://www.hindustanopticals.com
- Business Type: Manufacturer, Trading Company, Distributor/Wholesa
- Main Products: Optical Lenses, Prisms, Graticules, Flats & Wedges, Optical Assemblies, Optical Instruments, Electronic Components, Optical Components, Colour Filters, Optical Test Equipment,
- Location: Uttarakhand, India
- Year Established: 1963
- Number Of Employess: 51 - 100 People
- Main Markets: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Sout
- Trade Capacity: North America : 20.00% South America : 20.00%
- Production Capacity: Factory Size : 1,000-3,000 square meters No. of Pr
- R&D Capacity: No. of R&D Staff :Less than 5 People
- Contact Person: Mr. Shobhit Mohan
- Department: Owner/Entrepreneur
- Job Title: Partner
- Fax Number:
- Zip/Post Code: 248001
- CALIBRE MITUTOYO INDIA PVT. LTD
- jay elastomers Cast PU rollers rods, sheet any custome madeitems
- Kalgidhar Scientific Works Microscope, physics instruments, laboratory galassware, biology,Measurement & Meter
- Global Engineering Corporation Paper & Packaging Manufacturing Instruments, Quality Testing Equipments
- Various Engineering cnc machining, precision machining, casting, machined parts
- Multiflo Instruments Pvt. Ltd. Micrometer, Caliper, Dial Gauges, Indicator, Optical Instruments, Calibration ...
- kaiser Technic Melt Flow Indexer
- N.N.P.Center Co.,Ltd. Canon copier spare part, rubber roller feed, pickup, registration, separation, delivery, sponge, ...
- Kaiguang Inport &export Company all kinds of bags
- Anping Chang De Sheng Hardware Wire Mesh Co., Ltd. steel fiber, coil iron, black annealed wire, welded wire mesh, screw, mesh panel, razor barbed fence ...
- Newlife Solutions aloevera gel and juice
- Delta Valley Group (DVG) medical cotton
- Chaoan County Huawei Plate Making Co., Ltd. Grinding machine,polishing machine,gravure cylinder,flexible package,plastic package ...
- Kingman (HK) Industrial Co., Ltd bay light,high bay,high light,led light,pc reflector 2,high led lighting,led high ...
- Ruijing Electronic Co., Ltd. Video Door Phone
- Baron's Yard Textile (Hongkong) Co., Limited purchase latex pillow mattress etc
- Caribbean Food Emporium Ltd Caribbean ready meals, drinks and ambient products, event management services,Frozen Food ...
- Junlong Fsahions & Craft Co., Ltd. Women's Dress
- Liyang Junrong Luggage Co., Ltd. ABS Suitcase,Trolley Case,Briefcase,Computer Case,School Bags,Backpacks,EVA ...